- Detective Interview Preparation Seminar
- 2018 General Membership Meeting and Scholarship Awards Dinner
- La Ley will be hosting a Detective Seminar on May 10, 2018. Please rev. Sponsored by La Ley and is available for anyone. Please RSVP to: email@example.com
- LALEY supports Celina Robles for LAPRAAC Board Director!
- LALEY General Meeting and Dinner
Congratulations to all of you that passed the recent Detective’s Multiple Choice Written Exam. Now it’s time to prepare for that interview. If you want to band high, you need to prepare, walking into that interview and simply “winging it” is not going to get you that diamond under those chevrons.
LALEY, along with the Career Development Unit (CDU) is pleased to announce that we will be hosting a seminar to help you prepare for that interview. Please see the attached flyer for additional information.
Space is limited, please RSVP ASAP to firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us for our general membership meeting, we will be announcing the winners of this years Scholarship Awards. Dinner will be served from 5pm-7pm. If on duty, please obtain permission from your immediate supervisor. If you are off duty, please come join us for some good information and dinner.
La Ley will be hosting a Detective Seminar on May 10, 2018. Please rev. Sponsored by La Ley and is available for anyone. Please RSVP to: email@example.com
Great opportunity for low cost internet!
Please share with your organizations & Community Partners
LA LEY Youth Scholarship Contest
First Place one time award of $1, 500
Second Place one time award of $1,000
Third place one time award of $500
2015 LA LEY Essay Topic
“What does it mean to have an LAPD Officer as a Parent/Grandparent”
- This scholarship is available to any child, grandchild, stepchild, step-grandchild of LA LEY Members
- (LA LEY Member must be a LA LEY member in good standing for one year as of April 1st).
- Applicant must be a High School Senior.
- Must be a Full Time Student.
- Must complete the LA LEY Youth Scholarship Application.
- Applicants must have a Good Understanding of the “Latin American Law Enforcement Association”
- Applicant must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 (Official School Transcript to verify GPA)
Judging Criteria: Applicants will be judged on four sections (Max 25 points each)
A: Academics B. Leadership C. Community Service D. Essay.
Overview of the LA LEY Youth Scholarship Contest.
Eligible Applicant must submit a LA LEY Scholarship Application along with the Essay.
Applications and Essays will be reviewed by the LA LEY Executive Board.
Applicants will be interviewed by the LA LEY Executive Board.
The LA LEY Executive Board will select the three winners.
The winners will appear at a LA LEY Event to receive their Awards.
In the event of a tie, the LA LEY board will determine any needed tie breaker criteria.
LA LEY Board Members related to any Applicant will be excluded from participating in the scholarship selection process.
All applicants will be interviewed in person.
Awards will be presented to the winners at a LA LEY event.
Essay is minimum 400 words and 500 words maximum
Recommendation letter must be from teacher or counselor not a relative.
Please mail application’s to: LALEY Scholarship 14545 Victory Blvd, #-400 Van Nuys, CA 91405
You can also e-mail application to: Jose.Verdin@laley.org